Monday 2 February 2015

Project 02 - Rat-Bird-Man

























I developed Ear-Bird into an uncanny Rat-Bird-Man (with no arms). This Video showed me the technique I used to create the body and attach it to the head.

'Scrawny' was the word I had in mind when designing this characters body. It seems creepier than 'Muscular' or 'Fat' although I'm sure I can make uncanny things with those adjectives too. I think the real problem this maquette has with being uncanny is the head looks too 'cool?' and not human-like enough. Or at least it should look like it's wearing a mask. I suppose I wanted to roll with the anthropomorphism thing a bit longer.

Masks could be cool though. I could go all 'Hotline Miami' and make animal masks, but although they're scary (mostly because of the context of the characters who wear them), they're not uncanny so much as a creature trying to wear a human mask might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment