Saturday 7 February 2015

Project 02 - PainFaces


I modeled these five facial expression variations, I uploaded them to facebook, and I got some feedback.

The second and fifth faces got the most love and I think I agree that they're the most pain expressing expressions.

The asymmetrical features on the 2nd one really help bring the piece to life too.

"I feel so sorry for him..." is a great response. Strong emotional reactions guys. That's what it's all about.

I applied the necessary changes, trying to combine the two favorites and adding extra detail and realism.

This is the result

I also included the cuts around the mouth resulting from my operation.

I tried to make it look as realistic as possible because it'll allow people to relate to it better I think.

I might add the rest of teeth at some point but I think just the 6 front ones are enough detail. From certain angles though it might look a little weird.


Very happy with the gargoyle so far. Next up is:
- Topology?
- Textures and Polypaint?
- Reposing the figure?

No comments:

Post a Comment