Monday 9 February 2015

Project 02 - PainFacade

My current design doesn't really take into account how the water will enter the gargoyle and exit it.

The vague plan was to have the water enter into the spine from the wall but clearly It can't move upwards against gravity without some kind of mechanism pushing it.

Oh, I made the neck look all stringy and gory so it feels more realistic.




Here are my proposed variations on the design:

This first one's pretty much the same as the original but I've rotated it all so that the water could flow down the spine and out of the heart/lungs.

I haven't modeled the actual tube yet but these are just mockups.

I like how the trachea wraps around the spine in this design.

I do think the gargoyle may have structural issues with all of that weight hanging perpendicular to the wall. It might reduce it's believability and therefor its impact on the player.

My second design plays with the idea of the head hanging below a part of the roof hanging over the edge of the building.

I removed the spine in this piece because it wasn't as necessary for the structure in this design and it was increasing the polycount.

The water could travel through the tubes from which the head is hanging and out of the eyes and lungs?

The tubes do look a bit superficial but I do like how the man looks like a test subject.







This third design only has one tube where the water streams into the mans eye hole.

I edited the 'building' a bit more so that the gargoyle makes more sense it terms of how it's hanging.

Although the tube is thinner than the spine, I know this gargoyle has better structure than the first design because physics dictates that     weight = mass * horizontal distance from origin (I think. Physics was a few years ago)

Could the water come out of the other eye as if he's crying?

Or the mouth as if he's bleeding?

Or maybe it should come out of the heart and lungs?

Or maybe all of the above.

I like this design though. I think I'll play a little more with the tubes idea but overall I'm pretty happy.

I'm thinking lots of tiny intertwined tubes but I do have to consider the polycount now though as I'm over 600,000.



Until then, here is a closeup of the gory neck hole


No comments:

Post a Comment