Sunday 25 January 2015

Project 02 - EZbrush

I understand how subtools work in Zbrush now thanks to a Google hangout session and a couple of Youtube videos.

Earbird has undergone a slight redesign and has eyes now too. They're not particularly realistic but they look pretty cool.

I like the idea of water flowing out of the tear ducts on the outer edge of the eyes and running down the 'eye bags?' which look almost eroded.





I also like the idea of water running out of the ear holes, flowing in a kind of ark and off the earlobes.

I also made the base a little wider.




I also made this minotaur guy using what I'd found out about subtools. Both the horns and eyes were made with separate subtools in this sculpt.

The horns were made from Zspheres and then deformed and molded.

The eyes are more realistic in this piece too as a placed them further back in the head and created only a small eye hole for which to see them.


In this piece the water would either flow out of the nostrils or the mouth.

The mesh was based off of this life drawing as I'm trying to bring more animal shapes into the gargoyle designs now.



No comments:

Post a Comment