Friday 16 January 2015

Project 02 - Zbrush

My first few attempts in Zbrush:

Kind of a cat-bird thing. I didn't really have a direction with this piece. Just playing with the software. You can see I need to work more on my dynameshing here as it's fairly blocky. The topology could be better too but to be honest, topology isn't a huge concern in Zbrush as you can pretty much use as many polygons as your computer can handle.
I played with the inbuilt noise 'textures'? with this piece. Again, just getting to grips with the software and it's various brushes and settings.









I'm pretty happy with this piece. Like all the pieces I've done so far, I just semi-randomly blocked out a bunch of shapes and lines before refining them. You can see I've added more textures to this one and played with some more 
 brushes.







I used the 'StitchBasic' brush for the ring and the 'TrimCircle' brush to create the hole where the brain is sticking out. I also used the 'ClayBuildup' brush for textures around the skull.
Another view of the model from behind. I haven't really considered where the water will come out yet nor how it will function as a gargoyle. Nevertheless, it's all just experimentation at this point but I'll start to bring those things in once I start finalizing an idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment