Thursday 10 December 2015

3 Week Prototype - Menus

This is what I currently have in terms of menus.
This version of the game contains 2 player deathmatch mode, a recreation and variation of some of the arcade modes I prototyped earlier and the start of a single player story mode.

I imagine the story mode, when the text is clicked would pan upwards into a mario-esque map.

I think my menus need a rework at some point to be honest. Personally I remember the location of the different 'areas' of the menus rather than the name if that makes sense. So I often click on the wrong text and have to go back.

Instead I think it would be better if I had the text to the left or right with an icon.

Aesthetically I quite like the idea of the menus being underground and you scroll up to overground to play the story mode.

I won't include a build in this version since menus don't really have 'gameplay' that you might want to test.

The next thing I'll work on is enemies and maybe a tutorial for the single player version.

Other things to do include:
- Reworking menus and making them work with gamepad and keyboard (rather than just mouse)
- Adding more arcade versions in (make them unlockable at some point through story mode progression)
- Art
- Remaking the entire game in UE4???

No comments:

Post a Comment