Thursday 27 October 2016

YEAR 3 - BA3a - Task 3 - RNG chest

I couldn't decide which task I wanted to do more between making the chest and making the RNG for it so I did a bit of both.

On the left you can see 2 of the potential drops from the chest. I have 3 possible drops and the chance of receiving any of them is equal and decided as soon as the chest is spawned into the world.

I wanted to focus on the experience for the player so I put emphasis on the visual effects of the item coming out of the chest with lights and spinning to make it feel good.
I also wanted the chest to be easy to interact with so I tracked the players view point and created a visual indicator when they are in range to open it and looking at it. This way it is not ambiguous whether or not the player can open the chest or not.



The chest itself is 4916 triangles as per the brief and contains beams and grooves along the middle on which the lid slides back (as seen in the above gifs).


No comments:

Post a Comment