Wednesday 6 May 2015

ba3 - Folly Drawings

Today I drew some some folly concepts

I particularly like the 3 folly's in this image

The top left folly is very interesting and you could say it was inspired by the 'tree-house' folly from the moodboard.
The supporting beams look like legs and this personifies the folly, making it seem like it's on a journey.

The top right drawing builds on this personification idea by giving the house a face. It looks quite cool but there isn't much more to it.

I'm loving the kitchen folly. It's just so wacky to have a folly that looks like a kitchen. I think it'll be great fun to model too.
Should be good practice modeling, UV mapping, texturing etc since I'm going to have to model each appliance separately.





The screaming head is cool. Like the house with legs, it's quite expressive. I kind of feel like it's too easy to model though and it's mostly just the one texture. I feel like I can push myself a bit further with this project.

Same goes for the tree castle folly. Not interesting enough.

The hamster cage is cool but perhaps too big of a task? Could be good.

Finally the doll house folly. I've had a bit of an obsession with doll houses ever since I read Mary Flanagan's 'Critical Play: Radical Game Design'. It has the potential to be brilliant. It plays with the idea of folly's being like miniature buildings but will still be big enough for people to actually go inside. I can see it being a big hit if it were a real folly.

No comments:

Post a Comment