Friday 15 April 2016

YEAR 2 - BA2b - New Assets and Intereactions

The ground needed modeling eventually and since everyone else was busy making assets to go inside the house I figured I'd make it. It kept the poly-count fairly low and the colours simple. I think the simple style looks nice and fits with the theme of the game. The idea is that we'd model a few basic assets that could then be placed on top and around the ground/ garden to make it look and feel more interesting and genuine. I took inspiration form Little Big Planet since the handmade style is similar and the way the ground is kind of a cross section is the same.

The flower is one of the assets I was going to replicate to make the ground feel more alive. In game I added a code  that would randomize its colour on spawn. I also made this as an example of what I was looking for from the team in terms of assets and style.

The two number under the UI represent each dolls 'likeness' for each other doll. You can see in the gif how Doll 2's likeness for Doll 3 is going down because they're spending time in the room together when Doll 3 is unhygienic.  Also, Dolls can take showers now to increase their hygene.

Dolls likeness for one another will affect certain actions they take. I will implement that next.




No comments:

Post a Comment