Monday 8 May 2017

YEAR 3 - BA3b - Business Cards and Stickers!

After lots of back and forth I've finally designed and ordered business cards for NIGF.

This is the front of the final design. It has 3 potential backs.

I followed Sharron and Jess Hiders (UKIE) advise as closely as I could whilst designing it.



Here are all the designs I came up with. The first one I liked but the half black half white thing didn't really fit the game and I was worried the message would get lost. I like the layout of 2 but the writing seemed like it would be a better fit on the left. In 3 the character and logo is too small. 4 is noce and simple but a bit too plain? I really like 5 and 6 but I went with 9 in the end because of Jess Hiders advise to leave blank space on the card for people to write down notes. 8 was close too but again, the writing feels more natural to me on the left. I tried the character facing away from center too but it didn't fill the space as nicely and seemed a bit too absent from the rest of the card.

The website MOO, gave me the option of having multiple backs to my cards, and because the game has a variety of areas I figured I'd make 3 for 3 of the different areas in the game.

I included the logo on this side of the card instead of the front.

The first one is exactly the same image as I use for my NGF submission.

The molten core one is a slightly edited version of the concept art but I added the logo in the middle and redrew the fireball so it didn't overlap the logo. I did some fun stuff with the blobs of lava falling in front of and behind the logo.

For the Ice one I used the white version of the logo on top of a newly painted concept piece. I used a clipping mask and a light blue gradient to give the logo an iced look.

I'm hoping that together these 3 designs will make players excited for the game and advertise me as an artist/developer.

I also ordered some stickers and these are the designs I uploaded to be printed. I wanted to have something to give to children who may not be interested in business cards to advertise the game to (and just people who like stickers).

The icon I've been currently using for the game seemed like a good design to use and with the player color customization now in the game I thought it'd be nice to give people a choice of colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment