Saturday 15 November 2014

Project 01 - Rise of the Videogame Zinesters

I read Anna Anthropy's 'Rise of The Videogame Zinesters' recently. It was a very good read. I knew about Anthropy's work previously but this book gave me great insight into her opinions on the gaming industry. She has convinced me that absolutely everyone should make games as a form of artistic expression and it still bewilders me why it's still not accepted as so, at least not as humbly as the art industry accepts film as one of its own. Nevertheless, Anthropy has definitely gained a place on the wall of developers right next to Jane Mcgonigal and Mary Flanagan who I know share similar opinions.

Wall of Game Developers (The ones in red are just work reminders)
I use the wall of game developers to help me to remember visually the names of various developers as well as audibly. I can currently recite about 50 off the top of my head. Obsessive? could be.

Nevertheless, I recommend 'Dys4ia', 'Triad', and 'Mighty Jill Off' as they're my 3 favorite Anna Anthropy Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment