Wednesday 19 November 2014

Project 01 - Applying Composition,Llight and Colour to Environments

This environment piece has many light sources. I've shown the diffused moonlight refracting off the mist and causing soft lighting on the surrounding trees. I've also used harsher lighting on the trees from the firefly spotlights. I've used a range of blues to reds on the trees in order to give the environment a mystical vibe and used mostly blue and white lighting to evoke a sense of cold into the viewer. I've also used thin harsh highlights on the trees imply bark along with softer shadows and highlights to show form. 
I've intentionally composed the image so that the root from the tree on the right leads the eye along itself and up the trees shadow towards the cave


No comments:

Post a Comment