Friday 31 October 2014

Project 01 - Marie Antoinette

I watched Marie Antoinette (Film, 2006) today. It gave me great insight into 18th century fashion. I took many screenshots of the film which I cannot upload due to the file size (even when zipped).

I also drew people from the film as it was playing as well as when it was paused.




I love this pose. Interestingly, the clothes look like 1930'sish America even though they're Georgian.


Georgian hair is great. It should come back into fashion.





There were very few good shots of maids in the film, I got this one though.


 This took about 5 hours in total.
It seems there are very few older maids in the household in both this film and in Pirates of the Caribbean. I might consider changing my Witch design to a younger lady.
Afterwards, I applied what I'd found out about hair, clothing poses etc to my own drawings:



I like the hair and the hat here


Because of how much more research I have into the royalty over the maids I'm veering more towards making The Princess my character of choice. 

Or maybe the Princess and the Witch are the same character in some crazy plot twist. That could be interesting but I'm not sure how I'll justify it other than "It could be interesting...".

No comments:

Post a Comment