Monday 20 April 2015

ba3 - Life Drawings

Next, I drew my surroundings in order to get a feel for the level of detail needed for modeling it

These drawings vary in their detail. It sounds obvious but the closer you get to an object, the finer the detail you take it.

Games are interactive. That means that the player can get very close to the object if they want to. S I want a good level of detail, but obviously I want to keep that to a minimum because I don't want the polycount to get too high.

I could certainly think about reducing detail on meshes too high up for the player to see?

A lot of detail can be gained through good textures and Normal maps so we'll see where that takes us.

Also, I think the jaggedness of the bricks in the red drawing looks really nice. I'll look at incorporating this into my models too.

No comments:

Post a Comment