Thursday 30 April 2015

ba3 - Models

The first model I made was this traffic cone
I was mostly just experimenting with modeling practices at this point. The 'cone' and 'base' are separate objects.

This window is all modeled on a single plane. I didn't understand UV mapping at this point so I was just very careful with texturing. Then again, the mesh is quite flat anyways.

I think it looks quite nice. It's not weathered in the slightest but I think the clean look looks good regardless.
In terms of modeling, I think I used almost exclusively extrusions on this piece.

This door was pretty fun to make. I don't know if modeling each brick separately was a good move or not. It took a while but the mesh is in good shape. I figured that The door hinge things could just be normal mapped so I didn't model them.

I used soft select along the center faces to curve the door like shown in the image.






For this model I created a high res version first and, using knowledge from a video I found on YouTube I baked the normal maps onto the low res one.

I'm quite proud of it. Normal maps are surprisingly effective and they make mapping UV's so much faster.



I've applied a specular map and dramatic lighting to this model. It really improves the look. I created this modularly too; the pillars are duplicates.

In hindsight I should've UV mapped one BEFORE duplicating but never mind, it's knowledge gained for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment